Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Getting Salty in The South China Sea


I have spent more time in salt water in the last few weeks than I have ... maybe ever.
For 5 days 124 12 and 13 year olds descended on Juara Bay, and turned the sleepy little beach into a zoo. No pictures of the kids but a couple from the staff and plenty from the ocean.
Not sure what kind of fish that is, but if someone wants too look it up that would be cool.
Gary Goldfinger do not grab that puffer fish. He won't be cute anymore.
Bringing the sit on top kayaks back turned into a surfing session. After worrying about my skull I decided to get my go pro and get some footage.
Near the end of a sweet afternoon paddle to another village on Tioman. There is epic rock climbing there and the other went for a hike, I opted for a 3 hour snorkel with no shirt on. My back and particularly the top half of my backside (newly exposed due to lost weight), are still feeling the effects. 
Ben has his rare serious face on, because recurring clutch problems are preventing a cash grabbing trip across the island. 
With reefs like these, no wonder I decided to expose my skinny white backside to the sun for so long. Next time I'll remember some sort of belt.

Now I'm at an Outback Steakhouse in Singapore. It took me an hour and a half to find a place with beer that would let me plug in my I pod. I am completely lost in a vast complex of seemingly unending malls and posh hotels. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. so... you snorkled in the buff then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing and letting us know the sea turtles had not gotten you. I have heard of places where the ocean is warm enough to swim in. LY Dad

    ReplyDelete