Friday, April 11, 2014

Britta Came to Visit!

My lovely sister Britta came to visit me here in Nepal. We have been moving all over the country and meeting lots of old friends and some new people (all new to Britta). First we went rafting on the Kali Gandaki River. I had rafted it before but this time I got to kayak, with good results. With lower water levels we were able to run "Big Brother", a class 4 with an undercut at higher water, which we had to portage last time. Two days after that the timing worked out for us to paddle the Marsyangdi which is right next to Besisahar and an awesome river with lots of class 3+ and one class 4+. Unfortunately I don't have many pictures of the river trip. You can trust that both rivers were a fantastic time. 
Off the river we went trekking on the beginning of the Annapurna circuit, and there I had my camera out, so I will let the pictures do the talking. 
It snowed on us one night, and we woke up to this view from our room in the morning. 
Some Himalayan mountain ponies at 3,630 meters high.
The village of Lower Pisang in the late morning light.
Another mountain born beauty.

We needed to put our legs up after our first day. Roughly 15 miles and 3000 feet of elevation gain. 
Britta struggling up the trail on one of the steepest parts of the trail. 
A very cool slot canyon. It was hard to get a good angle but 
the crevice extended all the way up. 


1 comment:

  1. Love it! Love you guys! I so would rather be there than here right now...:-( But glad you're having the time of your life. See you this summer Thor?

    ReplyDelete