Thursday, March 13, 2014

My Short Term Gig in Malaysia

In November, while at the Himalayan Whitewater Festival, I met a man who owns an outdoor school in Malaysia, on Tioman Island, the site of a sea turtle preserve and conservation effort. After a short chat he told me that he would "hire me in a second," and that he had a big group coming in March, and that I should come work. Long story short, here I am. To paint a picture in your mind of the place, close your eyes and picture a tropical island paradise. Got it? That's where I am. 
There is surely more to come but here are a couple pictures just to set the stage. 

My hut for now is on the far right.
The view the other way down the beach from the same spot.

In 3 days time 135 students from the German European School in Singapore will descend on Juara Bay, where the camp is, but for now the instructors have the place for themselves.


2 comments: