Friday, February 21, 2014

At Rafting Camp


I have not posted for a while now. Mostly because I haven't had internet access. I've started lessons with Akaash and Sushan. Akaash has good English and we are working on making his safety speech smoother. Sushan is just starting with the company and his English is about like my Nepali. This is exciting because we spend a lot of time together and for us to communicate one of us has to learn something. My kayaking is also improving rapidly. I made it through "Upset" without turning over, a heavy class 4 rapid that has given me many problems before. Mostly, I just feel more confident in my boat than ever before. 
I know I promised more pictures, but for now here is a sunset from camp. Coming soon birthday party photos.
Ohh and Thomas Christian Gentry took this picture using my go pro. Thank you Thomas and thank you dad for my birthday present.


1 comment:

  1. Glad your kayaking is improving and the Go Pro is working out! Thanks for making me smile for 27 years! LY!

    ReplyDelete